Morgan McGlone’s Berry Cobbler
- 1kg mixed frozen berries (blueberry, rasberry, strawberry)
- 5 lemons; zest of 4 and juice of 5
- 1 vanilla bean
- 256g castor sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 small tub of crème fraiche
- Icing sugar for dusting
For the batter mix:
- 6 tbsp butter
- 128g plain flour
- 128g castor sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 236ml whole milk
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- To make the lemon syrup garnish, add ¾ lemon juice and zest to the caster sugar and 60ml of water. Bring to the boil and reduce by half. Allow to cool.
- Slice hte butter into pieces and add to baking dish, place the pan in the oven to melt the butter.
- Mix the berries, sugar, salt and lemon together in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the batter ingredients together, being careful not to overwork the batter.
- Pour berries over the melted butter and then drizzle the batter over the berries.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 35-40 minutes
- Dust well with icing sugar and serve with crème fraiche and lemon syrup.